Why We Do What We Do
We help organizations perform better by helping their leaders perform better. We like teaching great people how to be great at work.
Fast-growing small and medium businesses have a constant and expanding need for effective leadership but don’t have great options to access development programs for their people. These businesses typically don’t devote the resources to an internal leadership development (LD) program because other priorities take precedence during this rapid-growth phase. External options for leadership development don’t meet their needs well:
- Conferences tend to focus on industry, rather than leadership, issues and take the executive out of the office for an extended period. Upon return, the executive becomes engrossed in putting out fires and day-to-day operations and, therefore, doesn’t’ put the learn into practice.
- College and University programs offer high-quality leadership content but are expensive and take too much time.
- Bringing in external LD experts and trainers can be effective but requires a lot of management time in planning and learning and can be expensive.
- Some online programs exist but they tend to very specific in terms of content or high level and generalized and don’t hold the learner accountable for applying the learning.
The R2L Approach
We work hard to ensure our leadership development programs are always...
- Real: The results of the work are positive and significant because the concepts are based on researched-based leadership principles and the delivery matches the way adults learn best(learn/practice/apply).
- Engaging: Our programs offer high-quality and engaging experiences, measured by the ability for learners to successfully apply the learning toward more effective leadership and better organizational performance.
- Efficient: We recognizes the unique time demands of a leader within the space.
- Actionable: Allows the learner to immediately translate the lessons from the program.
- Accessible: Makes it easy for learners to participate actively without negatively affecting their operational responsibilities.
- Valuable: Firms need to receive value from the learning far in excess of the investment and within the spending parameters of small, fast-growing organizations.
- Collaborative: Encourages sharing of concerns, experience and lessons learned to drive deeper, more powerful learning for all of the learners.
Our Driving Beliefs
- We are here to serve the leader because the leader impacts the world.
- We are ALL capable of being a powerful, inspirational leader; we just need the skills to tap into our unique leadership gifts.
- Unique is good! Finding our unique leadership style is the most powerful and sustainable way to be effective and successful.
Meet Our Team
Leader of Leadership Development Programs and Student Success
Andy’s passion is in helping leaders and their organizations meet their potential. He is a successful executive coach and leadership facilitator. Andy has delivered coaching and leader development in the technology, government, non-profit, hospitality, communications, financial, and education industries. He a certified Strengths coach and StandOut facilitator through the Marcus Buckingham Company, as well as a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC), trained through the ICF-accredited Coaches Training Institute. He also holds certifications to administer and interpret the TILT365 Leadership Predictor suite of individual and team assessments, a strengths and values-based instrument. He serves on the Board of Directors to the Colorado chapter of the International Coaches Federation. Andy holds an MBA in Marketing from Emory University’s Goizueta School of Business and a BS in Management from Clemson University. He also is a graduate of Harvard University’s ‘Strategic Planning: Formulation to Implementation’ program. He became a leadership coaching and facilitator after more than two decades in executive, strategy, marketing and business development positions at companies experiencing dramatic growth.
Leader of Operations and Customer Satisfaction
John brings over forty years of business experience to Ready2Lead. With a career that began in his family’s business in Chicago, he quickly learned the essential skills of being a successful business leader, honing his business skills and developing his passion for his entrepreneurial approach to business. Spending half his time in the corporate world, John found success in sales, sales management, operations, and business development. As an entrepreneur, he has started several businesses in the areas of publishing, retail and business consulting. John is a graduate of Drake University’s School of Business and has completed business education and leadership programs including the Executive Education Program at Babson College in Boston. When not working, John enjoys spending time with his family and their dog Wrigley. When he can, he can be found on the water following his passion for fly fishing.
Leader of Educational Content and Quality
Jean is a professional training and coaching consultant and instructional designer with over 25 years of training development, instructional design, workshop, event planning, facilitation and sales experience. She started her career at IBM and successfully moved through a number of disciplines during my time there. Since leaving IBM, Jean has been a partner or co-founder in three start-up organizations so she understands small business. Jean is also an executive presence consultant, speaker and coach, which means she supports people - particularly women - in developing authentic self-confidence through image, presence, communication and presentation skills. She has successfully launched three businesses so she really understands what it’s like to run an organization from the ground up.